1. Your initial retainer reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
2. We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is null and void, and retainer will not be refunded.
3. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
4. Delivery and setup is included in the price which was given.
5. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below.
6. If flowers are provided by an outside source, we will arrange up to 25 stems free; $1 for each additional stem. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
7. If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC possession.
8. On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
9. Design & Colors: There are many factors which determine replication of a design that availability of supplies, skills, health department regulations and the location of event. Handmade products will have variations from cake to cake, and this should be desired as each cake will be unique. However, we reserve the right to determine the level of replication and creative license. Some designs may be unwise and we reserve the right to make alternative recommendations. Darker colors may stain teeth and will have residual flavor. However, we reserve the right to determine the quality of the color match.
10.Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
11. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
Decoration of Wedding Cakes:
•It is understood that any items brought into Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC to be added on a butter cream cake for decoration is to be used at the bakery’s discretion.
•It is understood that any ribbon added to the cake will darken in color due to the butter content in the icing. Satin ribbon with no wire works best on wedding cakes. Ribbon that is added to a tiered cake will be provided by the couple unless the bakery agrees to supply ribbon.
•Detail work out of frosting on the cake may not be possible in certain colors due to the risk of bleeding from high humidity in late spring to early fall.
•Any items used to add decoration to the cake such as cake toppers or other figurines will be added at the reception site. If once at the site the cake topper or figurines do not seem stable enough to leave on the cake, Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC reserves the right to leave them off the cake in order to insure the structure and stability of the cake. In the event an outside party damages the cake after Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC employees have left the reception site, Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC will return to fix any damage for a fee that will be assessed according to the damage made.
• Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC is not responsible for any items added to the cake after delivery or any damage done to the cake once it is delivered and set up.
•It is ultimately understood that Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC knows what their product can uphold as far as decoration and will do as much as in their power to create the envisioned cake.
Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or Exchange custom cakes, cake pops, cupcakes or cookies.
Once a cake has been picked up by you or a designated party it is considered "Accepted". All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. Refunds requested due to decorating style, color shade or general decoration design will not be honored. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated above.
We bake one day and decorate the next. If you need to postpone your cake for another date, we require at least one week notice. With less notice, we can reschedule your order (depending on availability) however you may incur an extra charge to re-bake the cake/recreate the elements on the cake. If you'd like to change the flavor of your cake, we require 72 hours’ notice. 3D Cakes require at least one week's notice if changes want to be made to the cake or to change the date.
Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Refunds requested due to flavor or texture after cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a store credit if the product is brought back to us and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined not to meet our standards (Our cakes are tasted daily to insure highest possible quality). Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC. Our cakes are baked from scratch with all natural ingredients, and need to be kept out at room temperature for at least two hours prior to serving. Keep in mind variety in temperature and humidity may impact the flavor, overall design, or texture of the cake to some degree. Please understand we cannot control changes in texture or changes in color or shape due to weather conditions.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
• If you cancel a cake order before we have a chance to deliver it to you, there is NO Refund
• If you pre-paid in full, or placed a partial deposit, you will NOT get a refund if you cancel
your order before we have a chance to deliver it to you.
• If any cakes are canceled within 3 days, you will not receive a refund but will receive a store
The following 3 scenarios are the only instances when we will provide a full refund:
1. If we fail to deliver your cake on the date and time stated on your contract for your wedding, or event. If we deliver the cake 2 hours late, or less we will NOT provide a refund. Further, if customer provides wrong date, time or address for delivery, we will NOT provide a refund. **We will not be responsible for any additional expenses that you incur as a result of our failure to deliver the cake. Our liability is limited to the contracted value of the cake.**
2. If you come to our store for “pick up” and the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be in place of a check (NO CASH or CREDIT refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy.
3. If we deliver the cake to you and the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You only get the refund if you do not “accept” the cake. If you request a refund at time of delivery, you MUST give us back the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
That’s it. We do not give refunds under any other circumstances. Refunds are given within 7 days.
In the case of an emergency or an error in your cake delivery, please contact us immediately so we can fix the issue right away! If you are unhappy with your cake f-or any reason, please call us the day of your event and explain the situation. In the rare case that you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, you must call the day of your event so your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for your event, we will be unable to refund any portion of your payment. This is necessary to hinder the very rare case of “If we complain, we’ll get a free cake” issue we occasionally come across. We are dedicated to satisfying our client’s cake requirements. Please call or email us at 337-565-2753 or 985-992-0203